Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell #4)
In Book Four of the beloved urban fantasy series Romantic Times calls one “for your keeper shelf,” the ultimate mother-daughter fight is about to go down.
Complicated does not begin to describe Arcadia Bell’s life right now: unnatural magical power, another brush with death, and a murderous mother who’s not only overbearing but determined to take permanent possession of Cady’s body. Forced to delve deep into the mystery surrounding her own birth, she must uncover which evil spell her parents cast during her conception…and how to reverse it. Fast. As Cady and her lover Lon embark on a dangerous journey through her magical past, Lon’s teenage son Jupe sneaks off for his own investigation. Each family secret they uncover is darker than the last, and Cady, who has worn many identities–Moonchild, mage, fugitive–is about to add one more to the list.
“A satisfying series climax (after Kindling the Moon)…Bennett keeps proceedings exciting all the way through, convincingly showing characters who are coming into their magical powers while still feeling profoundly human.” —Publishers Weekly
“Utterly riveting…Bennett has done an outstanding job skillfully blending kick-butt action and magic along with consistently intriguing character development.” —TOP PICK, RT Book Reviews
“One of the best books of the year, hands down…a strong, emotional finale for Cady’s journey.” —Tynga’s Reviews
“Just the right mix of paranormal oddities, romance, and a smidge of explicit fun.” —Good eReader
- Reading order: Book #4 in the Arcadia Bell series
- On-Sale Date: May 27, 2014 (384 pages, Pocket Books/Simon and Schuster)
- Excerpt #1: Original first few pages, not included in published edition
- Excerpt #2: First chapter in published edition (6-page PDF file)
- Archived information: Coming soon
- Additional reviews/info: Goodreads page | BookLikes page | Official Publisher Page
- ISBN: 1451695098 (978-1451695090)